Wednesday, January 16, 2013

a pile of stuff

Two and 1/2 months is a long time to be away from my blog.  I found myself in the crazy that is November and December missing writing and still never finding the time to do it.  Now that the decorations are put away and all the new toys have found new homes, even some old toys ready to be donated, I wanted to get back here and get some things out.

One of those things is my attempt at organizing paperwork.  If you have any suggestions about keeping paperwork filed and under control, I'll happily take them.  In organizing, I found my huge file of IVF paperwork.  It seems in true scrapbooker form I've kept everything from receipts to shipping labels to drug side effect pamphlets.  And while I am not making an IVF scrapbook any time soon ever, I couldn't seem to throw away the unnecessary paper.

In high school, I took two rounds of A.ccutane (with success) to clear up a LONG period of endless breakouts.  I kept all the boxes of drugs for the length of time I took them and when it was done I took a picture of all the boxes and then threw them away.

Maybe that is what I need to do with the IVF paper.  I think I will always keep the calendar and schedule of the cycle that brought us N, but the rest should go.  Right?  Or is it my medal?  The proof of all that I went through.  So for now the paperwork sits in a green folder in our file cabinet.

Is it me or are your eyes bigger than your time when it comes to craft projects too?  N and I almost share a birthday (one day apart!) and we are planning a joint birthday party.  I can't get off Pin.terest and right now on my desk I am surrounded by a glue gun, two different kinds of tape, a stack of paper, webbing and twine.

I should be in bed.  Hoped to be in bed an hour ago, but now I'm planning for sometime in the next 20 minutes.  I want to start going to bed earlier and get the day going sooner in the mornings, but I'm such a night owl it is hard to adjust.  I want to do it because C goes to bed early for work and I want to get things done in the early hours before N wakes up in the morning.  As it stands now, both my guys are asleep early and I'm walking around on tiptoes trying not to wake anybody up.  Its not a good system anymore.  So, I'm working on it.  Since C's work and N's sleep schedule are not changing anytime soon.

Speaking of N, I think we just dove headfirst into a touch of separation anxiety.  He has always cried for a few minutes every time we put him down for a nap or to bed for the night.  As long as it didn't go past 10 minutes, we would let him get it out and then fall asleep.  It always worked and he woke up happy and rested.  In the last few days, N's cry has become much more desperate.  There is a change in pitch and he even gets agitated as we are starting the evening routine.  It is breaking my heart, but I feel like we are in a position to set ourselves up for some very long nights if we change what we do and run in there.  He still falls asleep within those 10 minutes, but the cry is so much harder.  So thats happening.

He is eating MUCH better though.

Speaking of eating...I've lost 12 pounds since Thanksgiving.  More to go.

Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment