Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Too Hot to Cuddle

Good report today. 5 more days of stims to go. Meno-suck plus Follis.tim and Lup.ron. The RE said it looks like I have plenty of eggs and most of them now are measuring 8mm-111mm, which was a big relief for me. With this being our second IVF, I had been running a few what-ifs though my mind and I'm grateful things are moving along on schedule.

A few of the nurses commented that they were sad to see me back for round two. I'm not sure what to say to that. I'm sad to be back too, but happy that we are getting close and hope is starting to rise.

My mom said that she thought I was much calmer this cycle. I think that has a lot to do with me quitting my job, exercise and changing my diet to a much more fruit and veggie and healthy grains (beef and chicken seem to be making me gag lately). We changed gyms and this one is much closer and more convenient (same shopping center as Target! Hello Target...I always seem to need to run in there for something). We also know a little bit more of what to expect, but that also makes me look for similarities to last time and that makes me nervous that it is different and then happy it is different because last time didn't work. I just made myself tired writing that sentence.

I also feel like I am always sweating and even hubby mentioned I am too hot to cuddle. ;)

This time next week, I'm praying there are some healthy, beautiful embryos growing and getting ready to make my uterus their home for the next 9 months.

Staying chill till then.



4 comments:

  1. YAY! Great post! I have my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding IVF#2 much more chill than the first time. We know what to expect and don't feel the same first-time jitters. Let's hope we both have different outcomes from the last time - a viable PG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about finding IVF #2 much more chill! I'm going through it right now and I'm so much calmer.

    I'm just a couple days in front of you. My last dose of men.opur is tomorrow! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's sort of a sad truth that once you've been through it before you do seem to be calmer the next time around - at least, that's how I've felt. I hate that you're having to do round #2, but at least you know what to expect this time and that can be reassuring. Great news that you have so many eggs! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete