Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Beef. Its not for dinner.

I ordered it tonight at dinner. It looked great when the waitress brought it to the table. I picked up my shiny fork and knife and cut a piece and took a bite. No. Nope. Not even a little bit. Even now (5 hours later), the thought of the beef makes my stomach queasy.

Do you know what I really want? Pizza. All the time. Like right now. Please.

Today I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant and it still feels very much like we are playing make-believe. I look at myself in the mirror and squint to see what might be changes to my body (already?). It feels too early to notice a difference, but then an audible gag from a bite of steak and very tender and full feeling BBS reminds me that this is really happening.

And then I realize I'm smiling when I can't eat the steak.


13 comments:

  1. I so want that feeling!!!

    And I say, eat pizza every day if you want! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy is a wonderfully amazing experience.. enjoy every craving, every nausea, every moment that comes from it.. because it truly is a blessing and a miracle!!! Go for pizza... now that you mentioned it... yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smiling while gagging :) I love it! Keep enjoying that miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Congratulations on your pregnancy! What an exciting time for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Stopping by via ICLW. You must be over the moon, nausea and all. Good luck on the rest of your nine months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your pregnancy, hope it all goes smoothly.

    ICLW
    #41
    http://themissruby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Hey, pizza all the time doesn't sound too bad to me.

    ICLW #60

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy all the gagging, just like you said. :)

    Congratulations!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  9. visiting from ICLW... sending you many positive vibes that little embie continues to grow safely! Congrats on your BFP! It's also my 7 year anniversary upcoming- happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's the most beautiful explanation I've ever read for someone not wanting to eat steak. Congratulations on your pregnancy. And double congrats on your good fortune of craving pizza like mad. It's my fave. I'm doubly jealous.

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fantastic that nausea can bring a smile to your face.

    Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats.

    An ICLW Visit from #107 (mfi, speedskating, strength)
    liddy @ the unfair struggle

    ReplyDelete